Dusty's Mission

Monday, March 29, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 03/29/2010







Family,

To start off, Dad...don't be hating, I never got suspended during the regular season or playoffs, just got thrown outta a game after I graduated for running my mouth. (I think it was the same Assistant Principal but at Higley. hahaha, but at least mine was after i finished playing, oh and church ball doesn't count;)

Sounds like things keep moving along there at home. Transfers come up this next week, so Sunday after the conference they will advise us of transfers...these transfers will depend where i finish the mission. Honestly, I would like to stay here, just get a different companion. My companion has the maximum time that a missionary can have in an area in this mission...so he´s got changes for sure next week. Even though we get along, I´m excited for the change. Excited to be with a different missionary, also one that is ready to work.

I would imagine that the mission would be advising you guys about my date here soon, i know that on the 25 and 26th, the secretaries bought the plane tickets...so they should be calling here soon.

The ice cream contact...haha...this is a good story, so he has a huge drinking problem, but we started to help him and he was at a week without drinking, nothing!! Clean! So we call him to talk about going to church the next day, and he was completely prideful...because he hadn't drank, he decided that all was well because he hadn't drank in a week, and that he didn't need our help anymore...it was a bummer, but everyone has to make their own decisions. When he humbles himself more he knows where the church building is at.

Dad, you´ve lost 40 pounds??? Dang, that's so cool, congrats, I´m sure that you look a lot different now, i´m excited to see it!!

I´m excited for the conference this weekend, I´ve been listening to the talks from the discs that you guys sent me...and by the way it is in English, but my companion kinda understands it, doesn't really speak it, but can understand more or less what is going on.

But I´m really excited for this weekend, we have a couple baptisms lined up. We had a good baptism yesterday, it was a daughter of a family that is getting ready to enter into the Temple, now the family is just short another son, and they will all be members. But it was cool, because her brother, who is a member, is 16, got to baptize her, and her dad confirmed her. Her mom shared her testimony in the service and it was really special.

I´m gonna send some pics i took today with Pickup, this is his last P-day, he goes home on Friday. This was the last time i get to see him until we go to Texas. Also i´ll send one of the district, but from last transfer, so two of the missionaries aren't actually in the district still...one Mexican and the other American....they are seated with my comp and i in the chairs, but the other four behind us are still there. The other is the baptism of the girlfriend of Alfredo...he´s the one that we baptized about 2 1/2 months ago and already has the Mel. Priesthood and is actually Young Men's President, he baptized her.

There is one where I have on a soccer jersey..this is with Alfredo, our neighbor Fernando, and me and my companion in the morning. The jersey i have on is of my favorite soccer team named the Chivas(Rams), and the other two have on jerseys of the Pumas, that day those two teams played against each other, the neighbor invited us all to eat, the other pic is all of together in the house right before we ate in the night time and right before the game started.

Things are all good, this week is gonna be a good one. All is well here in Mexico City.

Talk to ya later

Love

Elder Howard

No comments: