Dusty's Mission

Monday, March 15, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 03/15/2010

Familia,

Hey, another week comes and goes and here I am again writing you guys a letter.

Dad thanks for the story that you put in your email, I really like that, Joseph Smith was a very inspired man. The lesson is one that I´m gonna try and apply.

I´m glad that things seem to move along good back at home, despite the demands of the babies. Its good to hear that volleyball season started out well for CJ. Hope fully it´ll continue that way. I hope that they beat the snot outta Seton..I still haven't grown much love for them either.

I did get your package this last week, thank you for all the candies. The people here love the candy from the states....I do too:) Mom, I usually pass out the things that you send but there are times when I forget, but for the most part, I do it.
Things were good this last week with my companion, a lot more relaxed. I think that his chat with the Bishop helped out a lot, and I talked a little with him too. He apologized for getting mad and frustrated at certain times, I asked him if there was something that I´m doing recently to spark him...he said no...that he´s just felt more frustrated since he didn't have changes this last transfer. But things will be good. Its not like we´re fighting, there are just time when he explodes...and its like, uh what happened???

We baptized the mother in law of the Bishop this last week. It was a really nice service. Her grandson baptized her.

After the service the Bishop pulled us aside and said that he didn't honestly think that she would get baptized. But he was happy that she did it, and that all work out well.

On Saturday we did divisions in the morning with the Zone leaders. Elder Heward came with me, and did the baptismal interview for us, then I did an interview for a companionship in the district. After the interview we had an appointment, but it was so hot, that I told Elder Heward that I wanted ice cream...even though we had this appoinment. We went across the area to buy some really good ice cream that is sold cheap on Saturdays in my area. I don't know why, but that ice cream seemed more important in my mind than the appointment.

As we were asking for our ice cream, a guy came up to me and started talking to me in English. He was a little drunk but was telling me that he wanted our help. That he had lost everything, family, friends, everything because of his alcohol problem. Then when he saw us the thought came to his head that we could help him.

So he gave me his number and I called him later and told him about church on Sunday and he said he´d come. On Sunday we met up with him and he came to church. He met the Bishop and the counselor, and we made a plan on how we are gonna help him. So we´ll see if we can help him get his life back. I was thinking about it, and I don't know why I was thinking that my desire for ice cream was more important than going to the appt...but through small and simple things the Lord brings to pass great things. I¨ll keep you updated with how this goes with Julio.

Gotta run, thanks for your letters and everything. I´ll talk to you guys in a week.

Elder Howard

No comments: