Dusty's Mission

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 03/01/2010

Hey,

I´m glad to hear that everyone is good and that things are well. I´m sorry to hear about Grandpa...please keep me update on his condition. Also wish Pop a happy birthday for me!!!

Things are going well in the area. I can tell that my companion is sick of the area. He´s got another 5 weeks to go here....at the end of this transfer he´ll have 30 weeks here – that’s about 7 months. So yeah, he´s ready for a change. I´ve seen him a bit different the last couple days, like quicker to anger, I don’t know if maybe he´s mad that he didn’t get transferred or what. But just seems like a small thing can just spark him into being mad. We haven’t fought at all, but just some things that I´ve noticed.

Oh and yes mom I did go to drivers school one time. I remember that it was a day that rained a lot, and I was thinking, “Wonderful, the one time that it rains, and I´m trapped inside this dumb class.”

So Alfredo, a 25 year old guy that we baptized the 10 of January, was given the priesthood and ordained as an Elder last night. It was really cool to be there and watch him as he received it. He also gave a talk yesterday in church on prayer and did really well. It really motivates me to see the progress that he has made, I’ll have to tell you more about his story later...but know that the first time we saw him, we were a bit scared. But how the Lord can change a man that gives all his heart to Him.

The work continues to move on here. I saw Elder Pickup today and we talked a bit. He´s in his last 5 weeks as a missionary. I can´t believe that its getting close for him to head out.

But I’ve continued to study more about the Gospel and its really cool the things that I’m learning. As I study each topic more in depth, I’m reading scriptures that I’ve read a bunch of times, but understanding different things from them. I´ve really learned how to focus myself and study a certain topic. I think that it’s something that´ll help me in school when I get back.

But all is well and the Work continues to progress. Thanks for your letters and all. I´ll talk to you guys later.

Elder Howard

No comments: