Dusty's Mission

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 03/08/2010

Hey,

This last week went pretty well, but not the best of weeks. We had an investigator that the whole week kept changing her mind, that she was going to get baptized, then she wasn’t . Even up until yesterday. Then she decided that she was going do it, but she didn’t pass the baptism interview. So we`re going to have to wait a few weeks. She’s just a super indecisive person She`s really cool, she signed up on the list yesterday to feed us this week, and she really loves having us around, just kinda stressful.

Wow, Shalae is getting married. When is her wedding??? I imagine that it’s here soon.

Sounds like things are calm and just moving along. The same here. The time continues to move on and the work continues to grow. My comp has still kind of continued with his attitude and the Bishop of one of our wards noticed and yesterday talked to me first and then him. I really appreciated what the Bishop said to me. He`s helped me out in this situation. But my companion misunderstood a comment I made during a lesson and thought that I was making fun of him. I wasn’t even talking about him or to him. But he got up and stormed out of the house. It was real embarrassing and awkward.

He walked home almost alone because he was pretty much running to the house...and I couldn’t really keep up. After about the first 20 minutes in the house I asked what the heck happened. He told me that I was making fun of him with my comment and all. I explained what I said and apologized if he thought I was talking about him, because it was a remark that I made towards the investigator...about the investigator and had nothing to do with him. He continued to be mad. He went to bed mad and got up mad. I was fine. All smiles because I knew what I said. The whole time I was thinking back to the talk by President Monson from this last conference, his talk in Priesthood meeting. There was a certain quote that he said that I liked, “a mans a fool who takes offense to an insult that wasn’t intended”. But all got better.

I have to run. I hope that all is well back home. I hope that I get my package this week, because we have Multi zone conferences this week. We`re going to take the mission picture where all the missionaries get together and we take a huge picture. Do you guys remember we did this last year too.

Love ya,
Elder Howard

No comments: