Dusty's Mission

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 03/22/2010

Hey,

I hope that all turns out well for the Blanchards, of course don't know what happened, but i hope that it all goes well.

This last week was a good one. We had a lot of work and things went well for us. My companion and I are doing well. He is still having his character problems, but like I told you, he gets along with me. He just has such a strong personality, that at times its difficult to work with the members and others due to his words and actions. But all will turn out well. Transfers are in 2 weeks.

I think I told you guys that Elder Christensean, my comp from the MTC is an Assistant right now. He asked me if i´d like to finish here or in another area, he told me what area I could go to and its a really good area. We´ll see what goes down in the transfers. I told him that it doesn't matter to me, I like this area and I feel like there are still things that i can do here.

Dad I am really excited for the general conference in a couple weeks also. I´m looking forward to the messages that we´ll hear.

One of my comps, Elder Alpuche, last night notified us( his ex companions) that he is gonna get married in July. He is just barely got home in January. He actually is getting married to a sister missionary that served here in this mission. They served in the same district for like 11 months. hahaha. But he´s engaged and they have planned the wedding for July. He wants Fillerup, Pickup and I to come back to Mexico City to attend his wedding. I guess we´ll see what goes down as that time gets closer.

Don't really got much to say today, things are just going normal. Oh, this last week Elder Ochoa, the first counselor of the Young Men's General Presidency came here to Mexico and met with only our missions - actually only 4 of the 8 zones - and ours was one of those zones. He and the 2nd counselor of the Area Presidency talked to us. It was really interesting to hear several of their comments and I think that what they said will help our mission to have more success.

But that's it. Sorry if this letter is really short but i gotta run. We´ll talk more in a week.

Elder Howard

No comments: