Dusty's Mission

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 04/07/2010

Hey,

So last night transfer calls came, and my companion, after 7 months, finally has changes, and i´m staying here. I´m going to train a new missionary. Tomorrow I´ll meet my 2nd ¨kid¨. Don't know if you know that in the mission, when you train a new missionary you are his ¨dad¨. For example, Elder Mora was my ¨dad¨and Pastrana was my first ¨kid¨.

But I´m really excited to be able to train again. Last time I trained I had 7 months in the mission and still was trying to get the grip of everything. Now I have a little better grip on the mission, so I think that I´ll be able to help this missionary out more than the last one. I imagine that I´ll finish here, seeing as I have 2 transfers left. Its a good area and I´m excited to work it with someone that is gonna work.

Dad, that's a weird dream that you had, but i don't think so...one of my ex companions is the secretary in charge of making flight plans....I just found out this last week about the whole flight plan stuff....They should be calling within the next couple weeks to tell the plan to you guys. But basically, I´ll be back the Friday the 25th of June, I imagine in the afternoon...we´re flying from here to Texas, then from there to AZ. But they will give you guys more info.

I loved the conference this lat weekend. I felt like they really concentrated on the family. The talks from President Uchtdorf I loved - about true love and patience in the priesthood session. I enjoyed the talk about the scriptures by Elder Christofferson. I really enjoyed the Sunday morning session, first with President Uchtdorf, then Elder Scott, I really enjoyed both of their talks. I really like the topic of love and how President Uchtdorf teaches the principle. I think that I´ve mentioned before that I´ve read and listened to his last talk from October about love just a ton of times.

Elder Holland just tore it up, I´ve never ever picked up that love and lust are opposites, but what a talk it was, we had some investigators that said that with the Prophet and the Apostles, they knew they were men of God, they could just feel it as they were talking, and its true. The spirit truly carries the words they speak straight to your heart. It was a rally good conference and i look forward to reading the talks when they come out in the Ensign. Oh, and for your info, yes i watched every session of conference in English:)

Mom I´m glad that it looks like things will lighten up a little bit with the babies, that they are sleeping more, and that Casey isn't on the sleep machine anymore. So Dad you got out a played a little volleyball the other night?? That's what i´m talking about, we´ll play some ball when i get back:)

Its so sad that there are so many people that don't believe that God reveals His will to His prophets....referring to your comments on Isaiah...it´d be interesting to sit down and listen to those discs that you got.

Did you guys get my pics that I sent last week?? Hope ya did, I´ll be looking for my package in the next couple weeks and i´ll tell you when i get it.

The time is just ticking away, the time is just getting shorter and shorter, I know that these two transfers are going to go by quick, because the first transfer that you have with a new missionary that you´re training always flies by. Then everyone has told me that the last one just goes by so so fast. That's what we´re down to. Of course I´m going to miss being a missionary, but I´m happy with the work that I´ve done so far. I will keep working so that there are no regrets at all.

I love you guys alot, and appreciate the packages and the letters that you send me.

Elder Howard

No comments: