Dusty's Mission

Monday, April 19, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 04/19/2010






Hey,
This last week went really well. We had a really good baptism service on Saturday. The dad of the family didn’t get baptized but his daughters did, so we focused a lot on the importance of a spiritual service and I think we got it. The family asked that I baptized the two girls, just because I’ve worked more time with the family.

Last Monday I forgot to tell you guys but I bought 4 new ties, they are so cool....they are light blue and just really cool. Guess you`ll have to wait to see them. haha.

I would imagine that any day now they`d be calling you guys to let you know about the plans - remember that there are 26 of us going home, so maybe it’s taking a little longer than expected to advise everyone. Tomorrow we have our zone conference and I have an interview with President Bulloch, he`ll give me the letter that here in the mission is called the ‘carta de muerto’....or the letter of the dead. President gives this letter to those that are 2 months or so away from finishing the mission. IN the mission one of the things we say is that when a missionary ends, he dies....that’s why it’s the letter of the dead, because I’m going to die as a missionary in 2 months. That’s why I’m getting the letter.

My kid is doing well, he`s learning a lot. I`m trying to teach him everything that I know, all that I’ve learned from my companions over these last couple years. But he`s progressing fine.

I`ll be anxious to find out who the new Stake Presidency will be. In May, on the 22nd, Elder Bednar, Seventy and a member of the presiding Bishopric is coming here to Mexico. They will be visiting a couple of the Stakes in the area, so we`re hoping that we`ll get a meeting with Elder Bednar. But he isn’t coming to our stake, so we’ll see.

I think they are all coming to put some order in here, because there is a bunch of disorder in this stake. So I think in these three stakes they are going to visit will have some big changes. Imagine getting chewed out by Elder Bednar, not fun, but I think that’s what is going to go down. But I guess we`ll see what they do.

I should get my package tomorrow in the zone conference. I can’t believe that I’m turning 21. I got a letter from, now Casey Fillerup, and I totally forgot, but tomorrow is his birthday, he`s turning 22!

Tell CJ I say good luck this week and that I hope all turns out well. Sounds like things are moving along back home.

Dad, sounds like your speaking topic was a good one, but I go agree with you, we either harden our hearts or we decide that we`ll believe, then after that we must follow it up with what you said, a diligent faith, which leads to works.

I gotta run. I am attaching some pictures. In one I`m wearing one of my new blue ties - I`m mopping up the bathroom after the baptism service. Another one I`m with my kid right after the transfers meeting, in the other one I`m with Elder Duce and Elder Christensen after the transfers meeting, and the last one I`m with the two girls that we baptized Saturday.

Elder Howard

No comments: