Dusty's Mission

Monday, April 12, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 04/12/2010

Hey,

Sorry i`m getting to this so late, we had a lot to do today, seeing as it was my comps real official P-day in the mission. Things are well, my comps name is Elder Garcia from Tijuana...he speaks a bit of English and he`s real cool. He has a lot of potential, so i`m really excited for this time that i got with him. I`m pretty sure that i`m gonna finish the mission with him.

This last week we saw a miracle....Elder Vargas and I were teaching a lady that finally wanted to get baptized, so we were gonna baptize her Elder Vargas`s last Sunday here, but we couldn't find her. But this last week she called us, and got baptized yesterday. SO my comp got to baptize his first Sunday in the mission. How cool is that??

This week we are gonna baptize 2 girls of a family where only the mom is a member, we`re also working on the dad and hoping the he too will decide on Saturday to get baptized with his girls. Its a really cool family, they have a lot of potential. The Bishop and a lot of the members know the mom, they have told us that back in the day when she attended she was just awesome, that she was gonna do awesome things in the church, but they she got married and fell away. So for many of them to hear and see that she is attending again and that her kids and possibly the dad are gonna get baptized, has really excited them. The bishop said that she is like the Prodigal Daughter of the ward. haha.

But we had a good first week that we are looking to build on, a lot of people let us pass and teach them, and we had some good new investigators in the church yesterday. So i`m really excited for these next two transfers.

I`ve seen a huge change in the members this last week, seeing that Vargas is gone now, a lot have really changed their attitudes. There were some that yesterday at church, when they saw me with my new comp they said, Its a miracle.haha. I hope they don't say that about me when I leave.

Dad it sounds like your lesson went well, some of things that you mentioned in the letter are really interesting. I liked it a lot.

Yeah and the days are coming to an end for Elder Butters and Elder Helding, hahaha.
But i gotta run, Thanks for your letters. I appreciate all of them. I love you all.

Elder Howard

No comments: