Dusty's Mission

Monday, November 2, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 11/2/2009

Hey,

So these last couple days here in Mexico they`ve been celebrating Dia de los Muertos...day of the dead. It’s a tradition that comes from a long while back. There are various things that they do. I`ll have to explain a little more when I get back, because there are a ton of traditions, stories and legends that go along with this day. There is a type of bread that is made called pan de muerto...bread of death....it’s really good. They make a ton of it at this time of the year and sell it for real cheap.
This last week was a super busy one. We had the Council meeting with President Bulloch and then my companion and I did divisions with every single District leader in the zone. So the week went by fast and we didn’t work together in our area the whole week, but the Lord has blessed us and we should have 2 baptisms this week.
The council meeting was good. We are preparing for the visit of Elder Johnson, (Area President) to the mission here in 2 weeks. We are having Multi-zone meetings. Our zone is going to be with the other Pachuca Zone. It will be a difficult week full of traveling. But we still got a couple weeks to prepare.
The zone is struggling a bit but we are going to make the changes to be able to improve. So we`ll see how the week goes for us.
Yesterday I finished my first journal. I think that I told you guys that I put the goal to write everyday because I was just struggling to do it. I finished yesterday. I`ve written for the last 3 1/2 months.
No, they don’t sell eggnog here, but it’s ok, because today I found that Cranapple juice that I like. Dad, I hope that your back gets better and you can get up and move around better so you can enjoy the Holidays that are coming up. Sounds like the Fall Festival was a blast. I`m glad that it went good for Dean and for Karen.
Well that’s about it. I should get my package this week. It’s starting to cool down a lot so I’ve been using my beanies that you guys sent me like a year ago.
Next week I’ll send you guys some pictures.

Love
Elder Howard

No comments: