Dusty's Mission

Monday, November 16, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 11/16/2009








Hey,

This last week sounds like it was a really exciting one for you guys. Not so much for me. But I’m so happy that Lynette had her baby and that all is well. I’m so excited to meet my new niece and nephew. Mom it sounds like for you too, that you didn’t sleep much this last week, but I’m sure that all the people that you helped out really appreciate the time that you set apart for them.

I do hope that Denice sends me the pictures of Marcus’s wedding. It’ll be interesting to see him and his wife. I’ve never met her.

We have our conference this week with Elder Johnson. On Wednesday we have a meeting with him, just the Zone Leaders, and then on Thursday we have a multi zone conference with him. I get to direct the Multi zone conference and I am going to play the piano in the multi zone conference and the conference with the Zone Leaders.

The week is going be spent on the road. Starting tomorrow afternoon until Thursday night. So we’re going to work in our area only tomorrow morning, Friday and Saturday. So in that time we have to take advantage of. Unfortunately the zone didn’t finish to well this week going into the conference...but there is always next week.

Saturday I was asked to give a talk yesterday. The topic was, “This is the only church that has the authority to seal families and people with those that have passed on”. Which is weird because usually they ask us to talk about missionary work. But I spoke on something different. I prepared a 10 minute talk and it went well. The bishop told me that he’s going to call President Bulloch and ask him to leave me here until I go home....that’s like another 7 months! I hope not. haha. I mean I like the area, but I would finish with 10 months in this area. That’s just a ton.

I have to run. The week should be pretty busy but I’m excited for the things that I will learn. Dad good luck in your boot camp this week, I hope that all goes well for you.

Thanks for your support and everything.

Elder Howard
p.s. here are some pictures that are about 3 months old.. I don’t think that I have sent these ones. This is a part of downtown Mexico. While Apuche and I were there I got interviewed by this lady.haa.


No comments: