Dusty's Mission

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 11/23/2009

Hey,

This last week was really busy and we didn’t have much time in our area. But we were blessed with some miracles that the Lord gave us. The conferences with Elder Johnson were really good. He talked a lot about the Holy Ghost. How if we don’t have the Holy Ghost we won’t teach. He taught us a new way to contact, just testify....so our contacts know are just pure testimonies. At first it’s a little difficult but I like it. I know that he was inspired to teach us it, so I know that it'll help the mission.

Afterwards he told President Bulloch that he has never taught a group of missionaries more prepared to hear what he had to say, and that he felt that the mission is one of the best in Mexico. That we are doing what we should be doing as a mission.

The week was pretty hectic but looking back on it I learned a ton of things that are going to help me be better. We did end up singing “Mary did you Know?” and it went really… at least I felt like it.

I'm glad that you guys got to see Mike...or Miguel as the Spanish Folk call him. I'm excited to see what he sent me. I'll be expecting your packages in the coming weeks and I'll let you know if I get everything or not.

The transfer ends this week, I think that I'm going to be here another transfer with my companion and then in January I'll be gone. I hope so, but I'll be down for whatever -- whether I stay or go. One of the Assistant’s to the President is going home on Friday, finishing his mission. So Elder Fillerup is getting a new companion, and everyone is talking about who it'll be. It has to be a Mexican, and there are only 3 candidates. But we'll see in one week at the transfers meeting how it all goes down.

I gotta run. Mom, I hope that you feel better and Dad I'm glad that all went well at your boot camp, good luck with your preparations for your test. You'll do fine.

Tell CJ that I told him good luck (with his audition) and that I hope all turns out well for him.

Elder Howard

No comments: