Dusty's Mission

Monday, November 30, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 11/30/2009

Hey,

So yesterday President Bulloch called and gave us the transfers, and I actually do am being transferred. We`ll see what happens. I only spent 3 months here in Tulancingo. It was a short time. I don’t feel like I really accomplished much in that time. The zone still isn’t doing to terribly well. But I’m excited for the new opportunity. There are a lot changes in the zone and also in the mission. So we`ll see where President puts me. I don’t feel real nervous, I don’t know if I’ll still be a zone leader or not. I`m short almost 6 months to go home, so maybe it’s time to start putting up new leaders. But wherever the Lord puts me, I`ll work.

But I’m not going to lie, I`m sort of relieved to be leaving Tulancingo, because compared to all the other zones, and areas in the mission, it’s one of the hardest. But I feel like for the time I had, I was blessed.

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving, and that all went well. That’s something I’m looking forward to in the next year...the leftover turkey for turkey sandwiches.

Dad I hope that you are feeling better. I got sick a little also this last week, I’ve had a runny nose, but I woke up once Saturday night and threw up... a lot. Since then I’ve been fine. I prefer it that way, feel sick and in pain for like 15 minutes and then..throw it all up. But it sounds like all is well.

How did CJ`s tryout go??? Any word???

Mom, I liked the quote that you put because its true - faith is a principle of not only belief but of action. It says that with faith we can move mountains, but if you understand the principle of faith, you`ll grab a shovel and go to work.

I have to run. Got clothes to wash and then get packed up. I am going to try and send a package home today. A package that has books that I don’t want to haul around that are just causing extra weight. I found a place that can send a box full of stuff - not important the weight - for 350 pesos, like 30 bucks. Not bad.

Next week when I`ll write it`ll be from my new area.

Elder Howard

No comments: