Dusty's Mission

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 10/26/2009

Hey,

First off, Mom please don’t donate any of my trophies! Sounds like the fall festival is going to be pretty fun. The trunk or treat is always a lot of fun. I haven’t gotten my package yet, but I`m sure that its gotten here, but I won’t know for about another week or two. But I`ll let you know if I got everything.

Dad, Elder Heward is one of the District Leaders in the zone here. He was also in Tecamac with me for my time there, first was a missionary in my district and then was a District Leader there for a transfer. He and I got transferred here together. So I’ve gotten to know him pretty well.

I didn’t know that Adrianna Foy was already home. That’s crazy to think. Wow! time is just flying by. Yesterday I hit 16 months.

The week was good. At the transfer meeting on Tuesday, a lot of changes were made. Many of them surprising changes. There was another change like the one last transfer. Remember, I told you guys that both my companion and I were new here, that President took out both of the past Zone Leaders and put us in here. President did that again in one of the zones. Pulled out the two zone leaders and put two newbies in. One was Elder Pickup. The changes were good to us, we got some missionaries that`ll help out a lot here if they apply themselves.

But the week was real calm, my companion and I baptized 3 people yesterday. The service was really nice. The people that we baptized were just ready for the Gospel - just that type that when they saw us they knew that we had something that they wanted and needed.

We have counsel meeting with President Bulloch on Wednesday. It`ll be nice to see him. But I have to run. I hope that all is well back home.

I love you guys, thanks for your letters, support and love.

Elder Howard

No comments: