Dusty's Mission

Monday, May 3, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 5/3/2010

Hey,

First things first. The call is going to be this Sunday. Only the Mexicans can call on Monday because that is the official holiday. But we have to call Sunday. So at 6 my time I`ll be waiting for your call. It is a house phone, the same one that i talked to you on the last time for Christmas.

The pics look really good from the volleyball game, I`m glad that they got the victory over Higley. I remember how it felt beating Apache Junction in the playoffs my senior year, and it felt good to beat them finally on their home court, after my junior year with Cody Anderson and we couldn't beat them, then my senior year we beat them at Higley, but couldn't win there in their house. It was a sweet victory.

Congrats for CJ on the game and getting into State. State is a lot of fun but a ton of work.

So Bishop Allred is now the counseler in the Stake Presidency, how cool. That`ll be super fancy.

I was wondering if you guys could talk to the new Bishop and see if I can speak in sacrament my first Sunday back. The 27th of June. I`d like to do it right away getting back, the first Sunday, just so he can plan out that Sunday.

Things are moving along here, today we went to central Mexico, and the things that i wanted to buy weren't there, there are a bunch of protests going down there, about the light and power company. I thought that it was about the law that was past in Arizona, but not at all.

I was really sick this last week, i had a throat infection in the beginning of the week, then it passed down to my stomach, and i had a stomach virus. So you can just imagine being out in the sun with that. It was quite the week, but i got medicine and treated it, rested a bit and now i`m fine.

but its also weird for me to think that these are the last 2 months. This is my last full month as a missionary. And its gonna fly by, because we are gonna be really busy. Oh, the 17 of May we are gonna have a meeting with Elder Bednar. I`m really excited and anxious to see what he`s got to tell us. Its gonna be a 3 hour conference, so i hope its good things that he`s got to say...

I will mention that I was looking forward to getting released by President Pugmire....but I guess I doesn't really have any say in the matter. ;)

But its starting to feel weird getting to this point in the mission. I`m excited and anxious to go on to the next chapter of my life, a little sad just because I love being a missionary, and all that comes with that. But all will work out well, i gotta finish strong and finish well.

but i look forward to talking to you guys on Sunday for the last time....weird to say. But i gotta run. I love you guys and thank you guys for everything.


Elder Howard

No comments: