Dusty's Mission

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 5/17/2010









Hey,

I`m attaching some pictures that I`ve taken lately. One is a baptism that we had yesterday, and one is of a wrestling mask that I bought here. The other ones are pics from the meeting that we had today with Elder Bednar. I didn't get a picture with him, but with other missionary buddies that i might see until they get back from the mission.

The meeting with Elder Bednar was really really good. There were so many things that he taught that I really loved and will help me out. I learned a ton today about faith and agency and ways to teach etc...the list goes on. Something interesting that he said is that the point of having meetings with the leaders of the church is so that we can be inspired by the Spirit, but if we are just taking notes on what they are saying, we aren't listening to the Spirit, thus aren't learning what we should be. There are just a ton of things, we`ll have to talk about it when I get back, because its just a huge list of things.

This last week went pretty well and this week looks good also. My last transfer calls came yesterday and I`m staying here, not a big surprise, I was pretty sure I`d finish in this area. I`ll leave here with almost 8 months here. That's just a ton of time. I left Tecamac with 6 months, this time it`ll be almost 8. But the work is going good.

Disappointing to hear about the volleyball game, that they lost a game that they could`ve won, but do congratulate CJ for his season and also his awards that he got in band. I cant believe that he`s gonna be graduating in a week. Weird!!!

That's exciting that the dedication is this Sunday, its unfortunate whats CJ will miss out on, but be patient all will work out well...I know its disappointing, but all will be good.

I gotta run, thank you all for your letters and what you write every week. Only a couple weeks left, I cant believe that the time has gone by so quick, I`m happy with the work and the changes that have been made in me in this time, I gotta finish the mission as i started it, with a strong push....just gotta give the second breath and push to the end and finish strong.

Love

Elder Howard

P.S. These are the two of the four new ties that i bought...you guys already saw the other blue one, these are 2 other ones and I got another one that is just sick. But you cant have them CJ.

No comments: