Dusty's Mission

Monday, May 31, 2010

Dusty's Email -- 5/31/2010

Hey,

Dad sounds like you had an eventful week. That picture is so cool, I can’t believe you got to go down there and shoot a bit. That’s so sweet. Also that you got to see Jake and Josh. I´m really excited to see them and to hear about their time in the mission field and how it was in their areas.

So Doug’s family is coming into town??' That’s cool, even though it´ll only be for a night.

Sounds like the office is turning out good, I’m excited to see it.

The week went well here, we found some new investigators that are pretty solid that came to church and are progressing very well. We baptized two people yesterday. The service went really well. But, I won’t lie, its getting so hard to keep focused. Any member that I talk to begins to talk about how exciting it is that I’m going home. I am excited though.

There are some pieces of advice that I’ve gotten from some members that are really going to help me. I´m writing them down as I get them and from which member it came. But the time is coming, we´re already entering in June. I can’t even believe it.

I´d like you guys to tell all the members about the party that we´re going to have when I get back. I don’t want to leave anyone out like the last time, if you can make a general invitation, I think that´ll be good. But I’m really excited to get back and see everyone.

I was told today by Elder Miller (one companion from the MTC) and Elder Rasmussen( went to school with him) that Elder Tanner and I are the ones that have changed the most here in the mission. I think they referred to just about everything, how I look, I don’t want you guys to be surprised when I get back, but I’m losing hair....well I’m starting the process of becoming like Dad, and other changes, I mean Elder Rasmussen has known me since high school and Elder Miller was my comp in the MTC. So you´ll have you wait and see.

Thanks for writing me and always supporting me, it hasn’t just been you guys but a lot of people and I thank all of you for the support that I’ve gotten.

And yes I found out about the Suns....stinkin Lakers. I was pretty bummed out when I was told. Lakers and Celtics...again??....ugh....

Gotta run, Love you guys and see ya

Elder Howard

No comments: