Dusty's Mission

Monday, September 14, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 09/14/2009

Hey,

This last week, as you know, I had transfers. We got to the transfers meeting and found out a zone leader went home.....like last week....just returned home. His companion was transferred as well. President reopened this area, which means he took both out and put two new elders in this area, and I was one of them.

Both my companion and I are both newbies here in Tulancingo. My companion’s name is Elder Hernandez. He is from Oaxaca and is about to complete a year in the mission. This is his first transfer as a zone leader, so I get to train him. He´s really cool and works really hard. He is ready to work.

We got here this last week and don’t know where anything was; we´ve gotten lost like 10 times. But at least we´ve gotten home every night. Tulancingo is in the zone Pachuca Centro. If you remember, about 9 months ago I was brought up as a district leader in this same zone, but over in Pachuca. Pachuca is about an hour southwest of us. So I´m pretty far out here.

There is a lot of work to do here. Not just in the area but in the zone. The elders that left did leave us a baptism so we had a baptism on Sunday. The service was nice and the ward is very supportive of the missionaries. We decided that the best way to work out here is through references from the members. Both my companion and I have served in Pachuca already, and that was what brought us success. So we are starting to visit the members and do more service for them.

I can’t believe that I´m back in this zone. I thought that I´d never return, but here I am...ha ha. I´m excited for the opportunity and I know that I will learn a lot.

Things are well here in Tulancingo and really calm. Tomorrow is the Independence Day here in Mexico so we have to be in the house early.

Thanks for your letters.

Love,
Elder Howard

No comments: