Dusty's Mission

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 8/24/2009

Hey,

So this last week was just awesome. On Wednesday, we went to marry a couple that we had been teaching. After the wedding, we dropped by the temple and talked about how they could be sealed as a family with their kids for time and eternity in one year, if they stayed faithful to the Gospel. They got so excited, they invited us to their sealing in a year, even though we`ll both be home, we said we would come back to see it. We had their baptism yesterday, it was so awesome. I really love this family, to see the parents and some of the kids get baptized was so awesome. See attached picture.

But it was a pretty busy week, we found some cool people, and they came to church on Sunday.
We did divisions with the AP`s (Assistants to the President) on Friday and Saturday. I went with the companion of Elder Fillerup, Elder Puga. It went well, but I was ready to get my companion back by Friday. I don’t know why, and a lot of the other Zone leaders think the same thing, that Elder Fillerup has changed a bit. I understand that he`s an AP now and has got to be an example. That’s fine, but sometimes he just acts a lot different, almost like we weren’t companions for 12 weeks. I know things about him that no one knows and him about me. He acts like we just met like a couple of weeks ago. It’s just weird. But a lot of the other Zone Leaders are seeing it too. Maybe he`ll chill out after awhile, because he doesn’t need to act like he is. So we`ll see.

That’s about it here, my companion and I are still getting along well. He`s just a work horse and Elder Puga told me that my companion is probably the best missionary in the entire mission. I believe it. The zone is alright, we are consistent, but we can do more.

Dad, yeah the Pyramids that we went to were Teotihuacan. That’s cool the research that they`ve done about the Book of Mormon and the pyramids. I`d like to know who exactly was there.

Thanks for the letters and all. I appreciate the support that I’ve gotten here in the mission.

Today I completed 5 months here in Tecamac, and tomorrow is 14 in the mission. Crazy, time is just flying. I gotta run.

Love
Elder Howard

No comments: