Dusty's Mission

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 8/17/2009

Dusty and his last two companions

Dusty and some Arizona boys

Hey,

This last week was a lot better. We had a lot more time to work in the area. We had a baptism of a lady named Martha, and this week we are going to baptize her daughters family, which is the daughter her husband and their two kids. So it should be a nice service.
We had the Zone Conference this last week and it went really well. Everyone really enjoyed the presentations that gave. Afterwards we ate the famous Tecamac hamburgers. These are the best burgers that I’ve ever tasted. We go almost every week to them. We know the man that makes them and he cut us a deal to come and make them at the Zone Conference.
My companion and I are good and healthy. We had the zone activity today, we ice skated and bowled. I love bowling now, because Elder Mays, before he left, taught me how to put a spin on the ball, so it’s a lot more fun.
But I fell today while practicing a certain way to brake on the ice skates, and I fell hard on my tailbone. I feel like Mom when we were playing basketball and she fell and had to crawl up the stairs.:) and had that little yellow donut cushion. haha.
CJ, is your Economics teacher Mr. Johnson or your English teacher?? I`m pretty sure it’s your Economics teacher. Tell him I say ‘hey’. He`s a good teacher. I really liked his class.
Mom, I’ll be expecting your package in the next transfers in September. I think that it`ll get here then, but I’ll let you know when it gets here.
Things are well here in Tecamac. We have found some really good people that we are working with, and the work is progressing here. But the zone is a bit relaxed right now, so my companion and I are going to visit the districts tomorrow to help refocus them.
That’s about it here. I`m feeling good and feel like things are going well. There are things that I need to improve about me, myself. I know that if I apply myself and do my part the Lord will help me out.
Mom, a quick thought, for the last 2 Zone Conferences, President Bulloch has talked about the Standard of Truth. The importance of it, but not just that, but the man that led the charge, Moroni. I have a lot of notes and such from these conferences. When I get back we`ll have to talk a little about it, because President Bulloch is one of the best teachers that I`ve ever known. He`s worked in the Seminary and Institute program for years. Before his mission, he was one of like the world bosses of Institute, or something, so he knows the scriptures like the back of his hand and can apply them in so many different ways.

I love you all and thank you for your letters and support.
Elder Howard

No comments: