Dusty's Mission

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 8/03/2009

Hey,

Well it sounds like your trip was awesome. I really want to go and visit the sites that you went and saw. I`m excited to get the pictures.

So this last week I got a new companion, his name is Elder Alpuche. He`s from Villa Hermosa Tabasco. He`s got 19 months in the mission. He`s one of the best teachers and hardest workers in the mission. He`s got that reputation. And he showed it this last week. We worked our butts off and brought 7 new people to church and baptized them. I`m excited to learn from him, I’ve been told that he`s hard to get along with, but Elder Fillerup was companions with him before and gave me some tips and told me how he is. So far everything is good, I think that we`ll get along fine and have a lot of success.

I was thinking the other day that I’ve really been blessed with the companions that I’ve had as a zone leader. I mean all the zone leaders are great missionaries. No doubt about that, but there are others that have more time and have experience. Let’s see, Elder Pickup was my first companion. When I was brought up in March, he was companions with Elder Puga who is an assistant right now, and Elder Pickup taught me the things that I need to know to be a successful zone leader. Then I had for 2 transfers, like 3 months, Elder Fillerup, who is now the new assistant. I learned just a ton from him, about leadership. I feel like the things that I lacked as a leader he helped me to dominate, and also is one of my best friends. Now I’m with Elder Alpuche, one of the hardest workers and probably the best teacher in all the mission. President Bulloch has hooked me up. Ha-ha. This time I`ve had here in Tecamac, I`ve learned a ton.

That’s about it for me. We went ice skating today. I think that we`re going to try and go every week. There is an instructor there that was teaching us some tricks. ha-ha. I really like ice skating, it’s really fun.

Thanks for your letters and support.

Love
Elder Howard

No comments: