Dusty's Mission

Monday, July 27, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 7/27/2009

Hey family,

This last week was a very good one for my companion and I. We found a lot of new people and many of them came to church, which was especially good. I’ll explain why in a minute. But the week went well and I’m looking forward to this week coming up to build off of the success that we had. We were able to baptize on Saturday a man named Miguel. He`s really cool and super excited about the church.

Ok, so on Sunday as Elder Fillerup and I got to church with a couple of investigators, we sat them down and I began to pull out my hymn book, when Elder Fillerup comes walking by super fast and says to me in passing that President Bulloch is seated on the other side of the chapel. We were both nervous because we didn’t know why the heck he was there. We were nervous that he came because something bad had happened or to get us in trouble. So we went up and shook his and his wife’s hand, and he smiled and asked us if after the meeting we could meet with him. The entire meeting we sat nervous and stressed, not knowing what the heck he was going to say to us.

At the end of the meeting the Bishop asked President Bulloch and his wife to come and share their testimonies. They did, and when President Bulloch got up, he said that the missionaries are like thier children, and how he loves the missionaries so much. Then he said two of their kids where there in the meeting, referring to Elder Fillerup and I, and then asked if we behave well and if not to let him know. Everyone laughed. But after he talked about Elder Fillerup and I for about 5 minutes. He said that we are two of the best missionaries that he has and just a bunch of compliments about us in front of everyone. It was so cool. It’s one of the best feelings I`ve had to see and hear that.

But anyways afterwards we talk to him about the transfers. That was the real reason that he came out to our sacrament meeting. After he told us about the changes. His eyes got all red and he looked at me and then he looked at my companion. He said, “Elder Fillerup the Lord has called you to be my assistant”. It was so cool. Everyone for the last 7 months, the last 5 transfers, has said that he was going to be called up to be assistant. And finally it happened. It was so cool.

President Bulloch afterwards turned to me and thanked me for a lot of things that I had taught Elder Fillerup and told me that he put elder Fillerup here for a reason. And then said how much he trusted me and just a bunch of really cool things. It was one of the best moments that I’ve ever had in my mission. I`ll never ever forget it. Elder Fillerup is awesome and will do great. So tomorrow I get my new comp. And I think that it’s going to be an American again. Haha, we`ll see.

In the next package can you send me a big ol’bag of laffy taffy again? And the candy bar laffy taffy too. Some blue slacks if you can, mine have like a purplish tint to them now.

Well thanks for all your letters and support.
Elder Howard

No comments: