Dusty's Mission

Monday, June 29, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 6/29/2009

Hey,

It’s extremely weird to think that this time in a year I’m going to be home. I can’t believe that a year has gone by so quick.

Thursday was a fun day. We had a conference with all the leaders of the mission. All the zone leaders and the district leaders. The assistants and President Bulloch talked to us and President Bulloch just gave a powerful talk. He related the talk to Moroni and the Standard of Liberty. Then one of the assistants brought in the mission’s Standard of Liberty and all the leaders took turns signing it. It was really powerful. Then Elder Cabrera of the 70 talked to us. He’s is also a really good speaker, and he talked about repentance, humility, and about changing our thoughts to ones of success and being positive. Afterwards we ate tortas, which is like a giant sandwich with like 8 different types of meat. After that we all took a picture with the Standard of Liberty, which I’m sending to you guys.

Afterwards all of us that completed a year in the mission brought our shirts that we were going to burn and took a giant picture together. There were about 8 of us that were there. Then later that night I burned my shirt with my companion.

The week went by really quick. We didn’t have much time in the area to work, so we didn’t really find that many new people. But this week should be better. Well have more time.

Yeah we heard about the death of Michael Jackson. Only him, the other dudes no. But that’s insane how many died this last week. And also about Shaq being traded.

That’s about it for me. In a about an hour we are going to go baptize so we have to go prepare the font and all. Thanks for your letters and all.

Dad, I forgot last week to say Happy Father’s day. So ......Happy Father’s day. Sounds like it went well. Oh and another thing, I had to take out money this last week to marry some people, so I have nothing. Please put some money in my account again.

Also my camera is acting weird, like there are times when I can take pictures and times when I can’t, like it won’t let me. It seems like those times are the times that something cool has happened. I’ve bought new batteries. But it still is acting up- so I think that it’s the camera. I’m thinking I need a new one.

Thanks, love ya

Elder Howard

No comments: