Dusty's Mission

Monday, June 15, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 06/15/2009

Hey there,

This last week we continued to work and we saw some miracles. We truly were blessed. We had a baptism and the lady is just so awesome. She did it despite the resistance that her family had been giving her and now we are trying to work with her family to see if we can get them all to follow the mom.

Another cycle has ended. Elder Filerup and I are going to be together for another cycle. Which we are both happy about. We are excited for this cycle because we feel like we have just to change few things here in the zone and its going to explode. There are some changes in the zone that could really help us, but we`ll see how it shapes out tomorrow.

I`ll also see if I get your package tomorrow. It sounds like things are still going well. I am bummed out that we don’t know yet about Lynette’s baby, what it’s going to be.

We went to the center of Mexico today, and entered into a giant cathedral that was built back in the 1500`s. They still hold services in it today. It’s huge. It was cool to walk around in and see all the fanciness. It’s a little scary at times, because they have a bunch of images of Christ bleeding and things like that. I don’t like to see my Savior like that. But I guess that’s how they remember Him. It’s something I`d like to show all you guys when we all come. It’s right next to the people that are all dressed up in the Aztec stuff that do all the rituals and all. It’s pretty awesome. Oh, I need you to put some money in my account because I ain’t got nada.

Things are great here. I`m wondering when I`m going to shoot up in weight. I feel like I eat like crazy, but nothing happens. I`m sending a picture of a place where we ate today. It’s called tacos al pastor. The big thing of meat in the background is like on a wheel and they spin it and cut meat off of it. Usually it’s not this big, but that’s why I took a picture of it. It’s huge.

Dad, that class that you took sounds interesting and very true. (John recently took a one day Sports Psychology class at BYU) There is a ton that we can apply from that class here in our lives. I`m glad that you are going this different approach to help CJ to improve his game.

Well I have to take off. I love you all and look forward to hearing from you next week. 10 days and I complete a year. Dang! time flies.

Elder Howard

No comments: