Dusty's Mission

Friday, June 5, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 6/1/2009

Hey family,

Thank you for your letters and your support.

This last week was a lot better. We found a lot of people that came to church with us and are excited about their baptism date. We found this one lady that has three kids and lives alone. Her husband is not a good man. Even though he cheated on her, she`s still like in love with him and just freaks out over anything, like he purposely hangs up on her and it gets her balling and in convulsion on the ground. Its kind of sad. So we`re helping her through this. But she`s has to just get past this dude. He knows that he`s controlling her, and can manipulate her. Now that we are helping her, he feels threatened and just like shows up randomly when we are there. He showed up to church randomly, but I sent him away. That’s our biggest worry now, is her. After church we went to eat and we received a call from her, crying and couldn’t even finish her sentences, she said, “I`m bad.....my husband....I`m bad.....help...”. So we got there as quick as we could and everything was alright. Just a fight that threw her into this depressed state. It’s sad because her kids see her like that and I wonder what they think. What does a 7 year old think when he sees his mom balling on the floor?? But we are going to do our best to help her out.

This lady also has a friend named Melissa that lives there. Her boyfriend and his friends went to the United States and were treated really bad, so now they have a bad take on Americans and are just really mean and vulgar when they see us. I guess where there’s the most opposition is where there can be the best success. This lady Melissa has this 7 year old girl that is so adorable. I want to adopt her. It’s so sad because her mom doesn’t really take care of her. She drinks and smokes and does things with her boyfriend in front of the girl. It’s really sad and the girl knows everything, you can tell by the comments that she makes. So if I come back with a little girl in a year, it’ll be her.

It’s so crazy to think that I`m almost at my year mark. This time a year ago I was getting things all packed up, finishing working and stuff like that. In one more year I`ll be packing all my stuff up to go home. Crazy how fast time is flying.

Elder Fillerup and I are good, we just keep moving along and we are enjoying some success, we`re trying to help the zone though. We are kind of struggling to give them the fire that other missionaries have, I mean who comes on a mission to just chill and not do anything. . . . well you`d be surprised.

Dad please tell Pop that I`ve gotten her letters but it’s been difficult for me to respond. But I am getting them and that I should be sending her a letter here soon.

Sounds like you guys have your hands full with these two new dudes. Good luck with them. It sounds like a tough situation. I have to tell you that when you told me what the Dad did I was so mad for like an hour. ugh...why are people stupid? and can procreate??? There is a couple in our ward that are so so so so awesome and can’t get pregnant. They have been praying and fasting for years and she just can’t get pregnant. It’s sad. I don’t understand stuff like that, why that happens, but it’s part of life I guess.

It was good to see a picture of the girls....but sad too. Don’t really want to talk about it.

Things are going well here, we are starting a new month and we are ready to go to work. I`m glad to hear that the Magic are in it. I pick the Magic in 6.

The pictures that I attached are of My companion and I with President Bulloch. The other is all the Zone Leaders and the Assistants at the Counsel Meeting with President Bulloch. The third (mom will like this one...mike too) is off Elder Peterson elder Tanner and I making our frowny faces. I know mine isn’t as good, but I`m practicing. This was also at the zone leader council meeting.

Love Elder Howard


 

No comments: