Dusty's Mission

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dusty's Email - 2/2/09

Hey,

This last week we found a lot of new people and all, but they didn’t come to church so it was a bit difficult yesterday. We did have a baptism, so that made it better. What was great was that the baptism completed a family. It was a dad whose family was baptized about a year ago, and now he finally decided to do it.

Yesterday, 2 of the people that we are good friends with didn’t come to church and said a bunch of, what sounded like, excuses. Though it might be true what they said, it did kind of hurt me. I was down a bit yesterday, because they are really awesome and she’s not smoking anymore or anything, and they were going to get baptized this next week - I guess we’ll see. It was disappointing because it sounded like some of the excitement that they had to get baptized went away. I don’t know, were going by tonight to see them. I hope that all is well with them.

My health is better, I was down last week a bit with a stomach virus. I think I lost some weight, but I’m better now.

Things are well. Sorry this is short but I wrote a giant letter and then the lights went out, so I don’t have time to write everything.

We will see with this lady and her daughter who didn’t come to church yesterday. They have become good friends of mine and I’d hate to see them not get baptized, but I can’t force them to do anything.

I played basketball for the first time in a month and a half today and dang, i suck. haha. That’s what happens when all you do is soccer. Whatever!

I have to run and wash my clothes because it takes awhile to do them by hand.

Love Elder Howard

No comments: