Dusty's Mission

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 2/18/09

Hey there, 

This last week was a real good one. We went to Aragon for transfers and I got my new companion. His name is Elder Pastrana, and he is from Vera Cruz. His first week has been real good. He is a hard worker and is excited to be here in Pachuca. I’m going to attach two pictures, one is of a baptism that we had yesterday, and the other is our generation chart here in the mission. That picture is going to have 4 elders. The far left is Elder Mora, my ‘papa’, then Elder Sander, papa of elder Mora, then my kid elder Pastrana and then me. It’s a cool picture. We have 4 generations of missionaries. woot.

 We had 3 baptisms yesterday and we have another one for this week. So we are pretty excited. There were a lot of changes in the mission. It’s a bit different, but I’m still a district leader just now I’m also a trainer. Things are going well. I played the piano yesterday in sacrament meeting, and that went well also.

Mom, I only go to the temple twice every year, every 6 months. I’m 3 hours away from the temple right now. Have my pictures gotten there yet? I sent them about 2 weeks ago. I hope that you’ll get them here soon because there were a lot. I have more now. Tell CJ that I apologize for you - for forgetting him on Valentine’s Day. That’s harsh mom, that’s like....well I don’t know a good comparison but you ‘dissed’ him.

Dad I got your photos and your letter. Sounds pretty cool, I never got much into Nascar because it’s hard to watch cars go in a circle for 200 some laps....ha= ha. But it did always interest me how fast the cars went and all. So it sounds really interesting all the stuff that you found out. Sounds like it was a blast.(To read about John’s visit to the Daytona 500 please see the article on this blog)

That’s about it from here, tell Grandma and Grandpa I got their letters but they attached a document to the letter and I guess the document was the letter. The computer, for some reason, didn’t let me open it, so I don’t know what it said.

I hope that things are well back home. Tell Ryan happy b-day for me. I miss you guys, but I’m not looking forward to coming home....with love;)

Elder Sexy (my nickname)

No comments: