Dusty's Mission

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 10/6/08

Hey

Well this last weekend was great! Yes, I got to watch all sessions of conference and we had some investigators come and hear President Monson speak. But I totally agree with you Dad, this conference was so much more powerful. There are a lot of things that I need to work on and improve. But I’m happy to say that things that I was praying for were answered and that I received personal revelation during this last weekend and I’m excited for the next weeks to come.

My companion was affected by transfers, he is going to a different area to be a district leader. Which is weird because I guess it never happens that your trainer after only one cycle gets transferred. So I’m not being trained anymore after tomorrow. I don’t know who my comp is until tom. afternoon. But we’re getting my comps bags all packed up and ready to roll out.

This last week we had a good week of contacting. A quick story...one guy and his wife we are teaching, and we taught the first lesson and were returning on Thursday to talk and teach again. but when we showed up we were met by his brother and a neighbor who had a million questions for us. I’m happy to say that my comp and I answered them with no hesitation and with the Spirit, but this guy is like Jewish and Catholic. But they attended the conference session on Sunday, along with a neighbor. So it was really good to have that.

Also yesterday I baptized another person. He was so happy and thankful. But we had to do the ordinance 3 times because he kept locking his knees. Finally the third time I basically “chucked” him under the water, since he was having trouble bending backwards. But all was well.

Dad, I know what you’re saying with the whole cutting the investigators thing, it was a worry I had to. But this past week we visited most of them and all told us that they didn’t want the message and basically they didn’t have faith that the Lord can answer prayers. I guess it’s a big problem that we hit down here. Because of the strong catholic influence and they don’t believe God can answer a prayer. It’s difficult to talk to these people. But know, Dad, that we did go back for them, this past week to see them. Yes, my companion and I were real frustrated and hurt, but we returned and they rejected it again, and we can’t keep returning. But we will pray that at some other time they’ll better understand what we taught them.

Everything else is great, we got our water fixed so it’s hot now. We are beginning this month with a bang! We found a family last night who are interested so my new comp and I will continue on. But dad know that we did try again.

I hope that all you could watch conference. When I heard about the temple in Rome, I was freaking out it.

Mom, they had another TV in another room where conference was in English for us ‘white’ folk. But it was so powerful, especially priesthood session.

I love you all and hope that all is well.

Elder Howard

P.S. Mom I forgot that your b-day was in August and not Sept. The other day it hit me that the 30th of Sept was not the day. So sorry. But Happy late B-day. and Lynette too. Hope all is well. 

No comments: