Dusty's Mission

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 10/13/08

hola familia

This last week i got my new companion. His name is Elder Castaeda, he is from Torreon Mexico and has about 19 months in the mission. After I received my new companion, the Mission President told me that on Friday he wanted my companion and I to come back to Aragon(where the transfers are, and the temple etc..) to meet with him. So for days after I was wondering what I had done or why he wanted to see me. But none the less my new companion and I worked hard. He is a lot like me when pertaining to the work. It’s so awesome. he knocks doors on one side of the street while im on the other, while im contacting someone in the street he is other people. so awesome.

Elder Mora(my first comp.) was great, but we were always contacting the same people and knocking the same door together, possibly because I’m new to the lang. Also, Elder Mora liked to contend a lot with every person. My new comp and I present the message and if they reject it we bear testimony and move on. It’s exactly how I’ve wanted to do it. The only problem was I didn’t really understand people, but the language is coming along great. My companion and I are preparing for 2 baptisms this week and possibly 6 the following.

So, Friday, we returned to Aragon to meet with President Bulloch. First, he wanted to talk to me, so we went into a room and he began to ask me how my comp had been the last couple days. I said that all has been well. He’s working hard and we are having success. He then told me that my comp has made some mistakes here on his mission and hasn’t been the missionary he should’ve been. He told me that my companion is one little mistake away from being sent home. But this past transfer he felt that he could trust me with him. To make sure he’s up on time and following the rules, and to make sure with the ladies nothing suspicious happens. It was a complete shock. President told me to call him if anything happens or if I need help with anything. President said that I know you only have 5 weeks here in Mexico but I know that you can help this Elder to finish his mission strong and be focused. So.....yeah, I’m happy that President trusts me with this, I just hope that I can help in some way, and I know that the Lord will help me.

My new companion has clippers and a razor for hair, but is a little timid with them. So I cut my own hair this past week for the first time. Not with the clippers, but with the razor. It turned out real well. I don’t remember what sizes I used but, on the sides it was different than the top. So it took some art, but I cut around my ears and sideburns to. WOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!! I’m a PRO!!! I’m not going to lie I was scared. but WOOOOTTTTT!!!!

Mom, I don’t need a bug tent I think that I’ll be fine.

C.J. you are a stud in your uniform. Keep up the work and I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of you during volleyball.

Con todo amor en mi corazon

Elder Howard

p.s. dad, your comments last week have really helped me. about cutting the investigators off. For some reason I couldn’t stop thinking about your comments all day last Monday and the answer came to me when I was reading my scriptures. It was a strong personal revelation and I understood what you were saying. Thank you for helping me to understand better what the Lord wants.

No comments: