Dusty's Mission

Monday, October 20, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 10/20/08

Yes, yes, its true...another week has passed and my companion and I are having great success. We baptized a husband and a wife yesterday and they are just so excellent. We have a another one setup for this week also. This guy is so awesome. His name is Alfonso and his job is so cool. He makes jerseys, like soccer jerseys, but imitations of the actual ones and he’s really, really talented. He has given up beer and playing soccer on Sundays, (which for him and a lot of people here is hard, because its tradition) and also is getting married this week. That’s not cheap to do that here. It’s amazing to see the change that the Gospel can make in a person. His wife isn’t interested but supports him.

Dad, I see what your saying with the power of two and I think your right. So we are going to try that.

All is well with my companion and I. We are getting along great and serving well. The Lord has blessed us. My comp has helped me a lot with my Spanish. Like phrases that are hard to say but are easy for people to understand. So I am beginning to explain myself better and feel like I can teach more and explain more in depth. Which is such a blessing. This area is just full of the Lords elect, and He is blessing us to find a ton of them.

My companion thinks that I’m going to be transferred in the end if this cycle and made a leader of some kind. I don’t feel like I could take that responsibility yet but I know that the Lord will qualify me if I’m called to that. I found out at zone conference this past week that I’m the senior companion. I thought that it might be a problem with my comp, seeing as he has 20 months tomorrow in the mission, but it didn’t phase him which was such a blessing.

The weather is still getting cooler and we are having trouble with our water again. But oh well, all is well.

Gotta run

Love you guys,
Elder Howard

No comments: