Dusty's Mission

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 04/20/2009

Hey there, 

I can’t believe that I’m already 20 years old. That’s crazy. I hope that things go well for you this week in New Jersey.

I’ll have to check with President to see if I can call in the morning (on Mother’s Day), I think that it should be fine, but I need to check, especially since it’s a Sunday. We have to pick up investigators and all, but we usually don’t start that until 11 or so. I’m pretty sure well have time.

This last week was really great. We baptized a lady that we’ve been teaching for awhile. Her husband is a member, and she finally, after 20 years, got baptized on Saturday. It was so special. It’s such a beautiful baptism because all her family was there to see her do it, and in one year they can enter the temple together.

Yes, I did get my packages about 2 weeks ago, and thanks for all of the stuff. Elder Pickup and I are really enjoying the snacks.

And yes, Mom, Elder Pickup and I have been blessed with a lot of success this transfer here in Tecamac. I don’t know if I told y’all but we found a family of about 7 people that we are going baptize in May. How wonderful. They’ve had so many problems and now have found the Gospel and they are going to see a lot of blessings from it.

Oh and if you can remember Kevin in your prayers please, I found out today that his Dad suddenly died the other day, and he’s having a tough time. So please remember him.

Mom, we haven’t really had time to do the Easter egg hunt. I thought that we would but we just haven’t. Actually Elder Pickup completed a year in the mission at the beginning of April and we still haven’t burned his shirt to celebrate it. So yeah we’ve been really busy. But other than that, we got a good week coming for us, and we are really excited. Thanks for remebering my Birthday, and I hope that it goes well on Wednesday.

Love

Elder Howard

ps: I look so sexy in my new blue suit.:)

No comments: