Dusty's Mission

Monday, April 6, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 04/06/09

Hey,

 That would have been cool to be a Zone Leader with Elder Tanner, but maybe in the future. This dumb computer erased my other email that took me forever to write. So I’m not happy and don’t have any time.

This last week has been busy. We spent two days in President Bulloch’s house for a Zone Leader council meeting. Then Thursday and Friday, my companion was sick and in the house. Saturday and Sunday we had three baptisms and General Conference. Yes I did get to see all 5 sessions, and 4 in English. I felt like a theme was temple attendance and the blessings from it. I’m excited to get the Liahona next month to study it.

I have a challenge for you all. To take the counsel from Elder Perry, find someone for the missionaries to teach. Because that’s our job, and the members job is to find. Joseph Smith said that of all the responsibilities in the church, preaching the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important.

Dad, I do carry an id but it’s of the mission, it’s like if I have problems with the police, I’m suppose to show them it. But it doesn’t hold any personal info.

There is an ex-elder who is robbing the houses of the missionaries. He’s robbed about 9 houses, in one zone, because he was a Zone Leader there when he was here in the mission. Please pray that the police can find him so that we don’t have such a big worry here in the mission. Many elders are starting to carry their cameras with them, because it’s almost more safe. This guy dresses up as an Elder, with his badge and all, and asks the people to let him into the complex and then breaks in the house. So it’s kind of a problem right now.

I really love the area here in Tecamac, there are a lot of people. This week we have 2 baptisms, and these 2 will complete a family, meaning that the whole family has been baptized and will start preparing to enter the Temple.

Mom, yes I have read the book several times and really enjoy it.

Thanks for the update about the final four. Go Michigan State!

I did get Kenny’s email - thanks for forwarding that to me.

I have to go. Sorry if these messages are short, I spend 20 minutes writing then the computer acts up.

Thanks for your support and letters and the packages.

Love

Elder Howard

 

 

No comments: