Dusty's Mission

Monday, November 17, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 11/17/08

Hey

So this week was a blast!!! But to begin I didn’t receive changes in this cycle so I’m still in Neza. Which is fine.

The Cultural Event on Saturday was a blast. We left here at about 1150 to get to the metro and then left from there for about an hour or so ride out to the stadium. We went as a zone so it was a lot of fun. Everyone was looking at us all weird because it was like 6 Americans and 6 Mexicans. haha. We got to our destination and ate next to the stadium and then went and waited to go in. The stadium really appeared as a normal stadium, like QUALCOMM stadium in San Diego. As we waited outside the stadium we saw President Bulloch and all the other missionaries. We got our mission tie and the mission also gave us the white handkerchiefs for the dedication.

I got to see the rest of the Elders that I hadn’t seen since we got to Mexico and also my friend from back home who got called here and I hadn’t seen yet. This was his first cycle here so I’m only about a month and half ahead of him, but he’s doing great. All my buddies from the MTC too. It was a great reunion. I also got to see Derek, remember him? I went to Utah with him and Josh. He’s in Puebla and they participated. The event went great.

The only bad thing was that missionaries weren’t suppose to bring cameras, and some did. But oh well. We are going to receive a DVD of the event so that’ll be fun to watch in 19 months. The stadium on the inside was HUGE... and that’s an understatement. It holds 110,00 people, and we almost filled it with members and investigators.

President Eyring and Monson spoke in English and there was a guy that translated so you could’ve gone and understood. But the talks were awesome and funny. President Monson is so awesome. The dances were awesome and I want to learn them. hahaha. President Monson said in the rededication that the event was the best that he’s ever seen, and he’s seen a lot. When our moment came to sing we got to come onto the field. I was in the front row of missionaries right in front of President Monson and Eyring. As we came on the field the people began to cheer, and as we began to sing President Monson and Eyring stood and saluted us. They took out their white hankies and waved them at us. It was such a testimony to me of this work. The Prophet of the Lord saluted us. It was such a strong event. It was a blast. President Bulloch got to meet and converse with the Prophet. ugh...blast. At the rededication only the Prophet and Pres. Eyring spoke in English. But it was powerful. I really enjoyed both sessions and I’m excited to visit this Temple in the near future.

The week was rough. We struggled to teach and my comp is starting to slack a little. He’s taking his time to do things and taking unnecessary time with people. The first three weeks I wanted to see how he would do, and he did great. But the last three week have gotten progressively worse. So things are going to change. I wanted to see if he could pull out but he’s not some I’m stepping in. I hope that things will go smoothly but we’ll see.

I really appreciate hearing all the stories and everything that is going on in your lives. Dad, I know that you didn’t bomb your test and that you probably did fine. You’re just being hard on yourself.

I’m going to withdraw some money here soon, because we are going to this sweet tie shop in the next p-day so depending on the ties, .....we’ll see.

Mom how are the kids? is everything good with them? Oh and tell bro. Earl to send me an email or something, because I’d like to hear from him.

CJ, how was your trip? Did you guys play well? How’s school? and the ladies???? how's volleyball? got your p-blessing yet? Hope all is well. There are some things here that I see that I know you and me would be cracking up over just because I can imagine your comments about people ...and the dogs ...and the people again...and the crap they sell that they think that people want...yeah.

But I hope all is well and that the Lord has continued to bless you all.

Love
Elder Howard

No comments: