Dusty's Mission

Monday, November 10, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 11/10/08

hey there

This last week we did not help in the open house. But we went twice with investigator, and they loved it. Now the temple is getting prepared for the rededication in one week. We are not going to have a meeting with Pres. Monson and Eyring. We were all hoping for one with them but haven’t heard anything and the activities are this week. On Saturday we’re going to get to the estadium azteca at 3 and then leave around 930 or 10. We are also receiving a tie of the mission, so we are all pumped for that. We have 4 baptisms for this Sunday. So we can end this cycle strong. The next time I send a letter you will know if I’ve been transferred or not. we’ll see. I don’t know. My comp doesn’t know. But a lot of the Elders in the zone think that I’m gone.

The language is coming great the hardest parts of the language with the conjugations and changing this in this circumstance is all coming easily. I only need to continue and learn new words. I can carry on a conversation on the phone and in person without the help of my comp and everyone says that for someone with only 2 months in Mexico my Spanish is great, haha.

Dad, you made a comment about the whole Facebook and MySpace thing. I know for sure here we are not allowed to use them. In fact to visit another page besides the email you need permission from the President. But I know that rules vary from mission to mission.

I haven’t written any letters because I don’t trust the mail system where I’m at. I saw a person that works for the mail system going through people’s mail and opening letters and sealing them again after checking for things.

So this last week we continued to work and to keep our mind on the work of the Lord. I’ve begin to read “Jesus the Christ” again. I’ve read the first 3 chapters a couple of times, but this time around I have gotten more out of the first couple and I’m more interested. There is a ton of awesome doctrine in that book. I also bought the “Miracle of Forgiveness” in Spanish and plan on reading it after Jesus the Christ. I’ve almost completed my first time reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish from cover to cover. I planned out that I should finish about the 4th of December. That’s about 3 chapters a day.

Mom, you asked last week about the money we get from the church and whether it is enough. Those Elders that come up short, don’t know how to plan their money and that’s the reason they run out. Every month I have planned how I’m going to use my money and I always have some left over at the end. Many Elders use the church money to buy things that they should pay for with their own money -- jerseys, clothes, other things like that. So no worries.

All is well here. My comp and I are doing fine and are trying to find and baptize more people. But mainly we are staying obedient and trust that the Lord will provide for us. We are excited for the event this weekend and I didn’t know that it will be broadcast to you guys. I hope you guys do watch it and enjoy it, because I know some of the youth that have been preparing for a while to perform their dances and different things.

Love Elder Howard

No comments: