Dusty's Mission

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 8/6/08

Hey

Ok, so I got your watch that you ordered for me today and its really nice. I only wanted one from like Wal-Mart. But thanks anyway. Oh and all the Elders in my zone say thanks for the gummys and the candy.haha, they've been pigging out on them all week. But anyway, this week has flown by, but we found out some news yesterday. There have been a ton of rumors going around about the Consolate. But i guess he's like froze up visas because parents have been calling and complaining to him. So please if you hear of any or your doing it to him, please don't because its only hurting the missionaries.

But what they are doing now, instead of having the missionaries wait at the MTC for their visas there are sending them out. So all that were waiting are gone, and at our 9 week mark, we'll be gone too, to Mexico or to somewhere close. Or far.... two Elders in our zone got sent to Georgia. but most are going to somewhere in Utah. so I don't i know whats going to happen. We thought because of President Dickerson's run in with that guy at the restaurant that they'd all go through here soon, but its at a hold now. So I don't know, I can only prepare myself to serve in Mexico or wherever before that.

Question....have you guys talked to Mike at all? I haven't heard from him, but I hope that there is someway you guys are. And I hope that your sending my emails to Todd and Jake and Kenny, so that they have my email so that when I can email, i can hear from them.

But the MTC is great. Its rained a couple times here, which has been nice. Oh yeah...guess who i ran into here??? Chris Olsen. Remember him from our ward in Chandler. Yeah he's headed to Jake's mission, and his brother is actually serving in Brazil now. My companions and i were out testifying to other Elders and i ran into him. Crazy. But i appreciate all your letters and everything. Its been so nice to hear from you guys and everyone else that has written me. We have an Elder here who came in about 2 weeks ago into the zone and he reminds me so much of Jake,haha, its funny, but he leaves Tuesday for the Guatemala MTC. So I'll have no one to play with now.haha.

I've been extremely blessed with so many things i cant even name them all, I'm speaking and teaching in the language well. I'm working on it everyday for a long time. But thank you guys for your support and love for me.

How's Dad? I haven't heard from him in a awhile. And tell Lynette and CJ i will write them a letter because i gotta go to get some laundry in. And there is no time to waste. I love you all and think about you all the time. I hope that you guys are safe and healthy. oh i did sealing for the dead for the first time today. I'm excited to get married now.hahaha, broma, just kidding. but it was really sweet. well i love you all and hope that God is with you till we meet again.

Love
Elder Howard

1 comment:

Gillian said...

He's so awesome! Hey, maybe he'll get to serve in the Cal Riv Mish while he waits for his visa. We always have visa waiters there...oh, if he could only be so lucky! Heehee! :)