Dusty's Mission

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 8/21/2008

Hey family

First off, apologize to mom for me, because, I couldn’t talk to her but also because I called your cell on purpose so that I wouldn’t like break moms heart. lo siento.

Anyway, yesterday after I got off the phone with you found out that we weren’t going anywhere for 2 weeks. ya, so we were all bummed out, mostly at the travel office because they have told us about 3-4 different things this week and its really annoying. But it all presses on and we continue to study and practice. But great news this morning....3 Elders in my district are going to see the Consulate today. They aren’t going to Mexico City, they are going to Oaxaca(I think I spelled that right) and the other is Tuxtla Gutierez, so they will leave for sure on Monday, but we have no idea what the heck is going on, whether we leave next week or are here for 2 weeks or if we are just going to spend time here for 2 years or what....that last one was a joke. haha I will try and keep you guys updated the best that I can.

But it was so awesome to get a package from you guys. I loved it...and the big guy Deklerk that snores, he hasn’t left yet, that was my other roommate, so we all got a laugh when you said that about him, he was like...."what, your family is giving you advice on how to stop me" it was pretty funny. But he leaves next Wednesday for Peru. The food is awesome, I'm downing these corn nuts like crazy, thanks for that. I'm hoping to respond and send it out tomorrow.

Ok our devotional on Tuesday was so sweet. It was Elder Oaks...yup, Dallin H. Oaks. It was so good , he talked about the importance of the sacrament and it was really, really good. I took a ton of notes and set some goals to improve. Oh and thanks for sending that letter from Mike, i got the package yesterday, and like i said that was the day that we were told that we were gonna be here another 2 weeks, so we were all bummed out, but the tape and the letter made it all better. and thanks for forwarding the letter from Todd, that was so, so awesome to read, and I laughed for like 10 minutes over some of the things.

I have no idea when I'll be outta here, hopefully I'll get to talk to all you guys and that the new baby is here when I call. So but I hope that all goes well health wise for Lynette and the baby. oh the pictures I loved. all three babies have grown up so much since the last time that i saw them. I can’t even believe it.

Let’s see, not much new, still just doing my thing in the MTC, today we went to the temple, good session as usual. but thanks for all the letters and all the news about what’s going on. I really appreciate it. I hope that all is well and that you continue to recognize the Lord in your lives.

Paz
Elder Howard

No comments: