Dusty's Mission

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dusty's Email - 5/18/2009

Hey

This last week was, very busy for me and my companion. Last Monday we went with a lot of people so that Elder Pickup could say goodbye to them. Then on Tuesday we rolled out to Aragon, where the Temple is for the transfers meeting. We got there right before it started, so I didn’t have much time to say hi to everyone that I knew there. But everyone was saying, “oh, you`ve already forgotten Spanish”, hahahaha, being with an American. Then I said just watch its going to happen again, President is going give me another American companion. Everyone just smiled and said “give up the dream”.

Then, during the meeting, President called my name and then......yeah, another American. His name is Elder Fillerup, and he`s from California, and has been out for about 15 months. He`s about 6 weeks ahead of Elder Pickup. He`s rad. We get along well, and he`s a real hard worker. We work a lot the same. So I`m real excited, because I think that we`ll be together at least for 2 transfers. So at least until July, but we`ll see. So that’s the big news.

Well even bigger news is that we had a baptism this last week, it was really cool. It was a kid that we`ve been working with, he`s real awesome. The Lord has surely blessed me here in Tecamac. I feel like every week we find people that are just sitting at the door waiting for us to knock. We found 3 families of 3 this last week, they are just awesome. Two of the families came to church and the other should come this week with the others. But they are just so awesome.

I`ve been here for 8 weeks already and the Lord has just shown the miracles that can happen if we work with our hearts centered in Him and in the love of the people, with a desire for their salvation. He`s blessed us with 12 baptisms in the time that I`ve been here.

So this last week I’ve studied a lot on Moroni 7. I love the chapter and would recommend it. Read it once, and mark all the verses that talk about hope. Then read it again and mark the ones that talk about faith and then again and mark charity. These three attributes of Christ are some of the most important ones that we need to develop here in this life. President Utchdorf talked of these three in his talk on pure power in the October session of conference, entitled “The Infinite Power of Hope”. That’s one of my favorite talks that I`ve read a lot and learn something new every time.

I hope that this week goes well for you guys, it’s starting to hit the rainy season here, and every day for like an hour or 2 it just pours. I love it. Thanks for your letters and your support.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Love

Elder Howard

No comments: