Dusty's Mission

Monday, March 2, 2009

Dusty's Email -- 3/2/09

Hey,

First off, the picture was a complete shock.I sent it to Jake too. haha. The "Shan Man" is getting more and more ugly with his nasty hair and beard. CJ, next time you see him tell him his best friend Dusty says "Hi Super Shan man".haha.

The story about the temple clothes is an absolute miracle. I was getting  mad when you were telling me about that. But the end, of course, made me happy that the Lord could work a miracle for you guys.

But Dad sounds like you were freezing there in Ohio. Its been cold the last couple of days here. Real cold, you can see your breath at like 5 in the afternoon. So you can just imagine the nights.But I'm doin well and feeling good. My companion and I  are getting along well, and he is learning real fast. We didn't have a baptism thi s last week but we did have a confirmation. We also went to the new build ing for the first time. It has this new building smell and it really is like the buildings in the states. This building is huge, but like none of  the buildings here have a library, and this one has a small library. Its cool. 

So things are still moving along well here for us. We have zone conference this coming week. I'm excited to see Presi dent and to interview with him. Sadly we have a problem to take care of which means that we won't really talk between me and him, we'll only talk about the problem -Which is with the sisters in my district. They've done a few things and I've been talkin with members and have been told some other things. Seeing how President has been since the beginning of the year, like not putting up with anything, I think he may send  them home. Which stinks for them, but there is mercy and justice in all,  and I have tried to help and the Zone Leaders have tried to help. But it's not doin anything. So wewill see.

I'm excited to get your packages and to eat the frogs with Cj ....yeah we'll just leave it at that. Thank you for the bringing the photos to Kevin, he said that he got them and enjoyed them.

Well I hope all is well. Friday was a bit of a tough day for me. I had a dream with both the girls in it, and just couldn't shake the sadness all day, but i'm better now. haha, all of our investigators and members th at we saw that day sent me a text asking if everything was ok. I'm not very good at hiding how i feel, but the Lord has blessed me and I'm startin to see changes in my character and how before I do something, I think how it'll affect those around me. Also how developing a certain characteristic more is gonning help me  in the future with my family, job and all. Which is something thatI've never done before. But the last while I have been asking the Lord to make changes within me, so i can better handle the challenges in the future, to be a man more like Moroni, with all the characteristics that he had, especially the perfect understanding of the scriptures. That would be nice. 

I love you all and I miss you,

Elder Howard

No comments: