Dusty's Mission

Monday, December 15, 2008

Dusty's Email - 12/15/08

Family

This past week we had interviews with President Bulloch. I didn’t get my package, but my interview went very well. It was awesome to talk to him. We talk mostly about my companion, and all went well. We are going to talk tomorrow again because I need some advice on a couple things with my companion and he said that I can talk to him tomorrow. We aren’t having troubles, but the last while I haven’t felt the Spirit when he teaches, and we all know that is a huge part of the work.

Another problem is he starts talking and trying to convince a person why they should be baptized. It’s with care, and its right to try to help the people understand, but he tries to do it alone and doesn’t really allow me to say anything, and he always cuts me off when I try to say something. The times that he`s tried to help these people understand it’s been without the Spirit. It’s vital to have the Spirit. I guess to me it’s unfair to the people that could have a chance to really see and feel the Spirit, but they can’t because he doesn’t carry it. I told President and we are going to talk tomorrow. Yeah we bonk heads, but the problem is that he`s just real immature and takes jokes way to far...which Pres told me he has a problem with. But other than personality differences he`s fine.

We are going to have zone conference soon. We are going to first go to the temple and go through a session and then have a little Christmas thing.

Yes, dad, some of the problems with my companion was the language that he was using towards me and basically that he didn’t respect me. But we worked that out.

I`m glad to hear that you weren’t affected by the layoffs and that all is well right now.

President Bulloch switched P-day next week from Monday the 22nd to Wednesday the 24th, so you won’t get a letter from me until Wednesday, so don’t flip out on Monday when you don’t have a letter from me.

I got a letter the other day from Grandma and Grandpa and they said that they have been sending me emails. But I haven’t gotten one from them so please check their address that they have.

Tell the ward that I said Merry Christmas!!!

We are working hard here and seeing some results. We have 2 possible baptisms this week and another possible 2 for the 28 of December.

Yes mom, transfers are coming up on the 30th of December and I’m sure that I’ll be leaving. We`ll see, if I stay it will be rare because President Bulloch doesn’t usually keep an Elder in a area for more than 41/2 months. At the end of the next cycle I’ll be pressing 6 months in my first area. However from a comment that President made it’s just a guess.

I gotta head out.

Love you all and look forward to hearing from you next week
Elder Howard

No comments: