Dusty's Mission

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dusty's Email -- 7/3/2008

Here is the email that we got from Dusty after his first week in the MTC:

"Hey Family,

Hey thank you so much for the package mom. I had to buy stamps this last Monday to be able to get out a few letters and I was gonna ask you guys to send me some. But then I got your package. The MTC is so amazing. The Spirit here is insane. I love it so so much. And I'm so glad that I chose to serve a mission and I'm not ever in the field yet.

My district has about 12 other elders in it. Most of them are going to my mission. My companion showed up Monday. He had a minor surgery and is now here. His name is Elder Woodland. He's from Sacramento and is going to my same mission. He's such a nice guy and me and him are tearing up teaching and learning the language. We taught a 101 year old man the other day and we were trying to teach him the first lesson but he kept asking all these questions about different things in the church, and so we kept trying to move the conversation back to the topic but it was a true testimony about teaching by the Spirit. We answered every question he had. It was so awesome. We went to the temple today and did some initatories. It was so cool.

I got all my laundry done and am getting ready for class tonight. So my p-day is Thursday, so those are the days that I can email you guys. But I can get emails from anyone but right now I can only respond to family through email, and everyone else I can see emails but i have to respond through mail.

But my email is elderdustyhoward@myldsmail.net.

Again thanks for everything, but what is going on with the babies? Lynette hinted at something in a letter, but i have no idea what she meant. Thank you for your support and prayers, I truly appreciate them and I hope that you all have a great week and remember that the church is true, no matter what.

Love you all
Elder Howard"

No comments: